Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The 5 AM Challenge

5:40 AM - Tired! It's been quite a while since I've posted anything, and too be honest I haven't been very disciplined about sticking to my lesson plan either. About a week or two back, I read an interesting article about somebody that woke up every morning at 5:00 am for 21 straight business days (he did exclude weekends). The idea behind it was it takes 21 days to form a habit, but he also found that he is more productive early in the mornings. He was able to get up distraction free and do several hours worth of work before the rest of the world even wakes up. Emails, workouts, sunrises, etc.

It got me thinking and I've decided to try it myself as early morning is the best time to study and work on my coding completely distraction free. I didn't make it out of bed until 5:30 today, but it's at least a start.

So for 21 business days, I'm going to get out of bed at 5 am and from 5 - 8 am I plan to do something productive. Most days it will be studying and working on my coding problems, but I may try to mix in the early morning workout too. My plan is to write a blog post each day about something I learned or accomplished, but given my track record we'll see how well that goes :)

So here it goes...time for some Data Structures work!

No comments:

Post a Comment